Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed November 6, 2013
MSU and Calloway Co. HS Participate in Japanese Youth Exchange
Murray State hosts 25 Kobe Gakuin students with the Youth Exchange Kakehashi Project, called 'The Bridge for Tomorrow,' through Saturday (November 9). Murray State students participated in the same program and visited Japan for 10 days as one of the seven representative US Universities accepted in the exchange this May. Calloway County High School Students also participated in a trip. Murray State Senior Lecturer of Japanese Yoko Hatakeyama speaks with Kate Lochte about how this opportunity evolved for the students.
The Kakehashi Project, sponsored by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is an exchange involving 2,300 Japanese students with 2,300 American students. See more on their website.