Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed November 6, 2013
MSU and Calloway Co. HS Participate in Japanese Youth Exchange
Murray State hosts 25 Kobe Gakuin students with the Youth Exchange Kakehashi Project, called 'The Bridge for Tomorrow,' through Saturday (November 9). Murray State students participated in the same program and visited Japan for 10 days as one of the seven representative US Universities accepted in the exchange this May. Calloway County High School Students also participated in a trip. Murray State Senior Lecturer of Japanese Yoko Hatakeyama speaks with Kate Lochte about how this opportunity evolved for the students.
The Kakehashi Project, sponsored by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is an exchange involving 2,300 Japanese students with 2,300 American students. See more on their website.