Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue April 2, 2013
MSU Alumnus Premieres Western Horror Film 'Revelation Trail' at Maiden Alley Cinema
Murray State and WKMS alumnus John Gibson, now a member of the Northern Kentucky University faculty, visits with Tracy Ross about the upcoming premiere of his project of passion, the western horror movie Revelation Trail at Maiden Alley Cinema. The film was shot largely in western Kentucky and southern Illinois, and involves a cast and crew of several Murray State alumni and local residents. In an event sponsored by Golden Cat Productions and Shandies of Paducah, the film will premiere on April 12, at Maiden Alley Cinema.
In late nineteenth-century America, a frontier holy man's life is destroyed as a gruesome power consumes the land. Standing between ruin and salvation, the man known only as Preacher (Daniel Van Thomas) must find his purpose in the fight against the mysterious undead. Joined by the town Marshal (Daniel Britt) -- a man with his own set of demons – he faces the risen dead, a ravaged landscape and the evils of the living on a journey to nowhere. Along the way, the men discover which lines they're willing to cross in the name of survival and witness the depths people reach through the power of belief -- for good and ill alike.