Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue October 6, 2009
Mr. Jefferson and the Giant Moose
By Jacque Day
Murray, Ky. – In the infancy of the United States, a leading French scientist introduced a theory that the American continent produced degenerate life forms. The contention: anyone who moved to the New World would suffer the same fate. Thomas Jefferson set out to prove the theory wrong, with a moose. University of Louisville biology professor and author of the new book "Mr. Jefferson and the Giant Moose," Dr. Lee Alan Dugatkin brought this tale of American and natural history to Murray State. Jacque Day spoke with him.
Lee Dugatkin presented "Mr. Jefferson and the Giant Moose" 7:30 PM Wed., Oct. 7 at the Curris Center Barkley Room. Signed copies of the book are available at the Murray State University Bookstore. Copies can also be ordered online.