Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed June 25, 2014
MPD Releases Names of Officers Involved in Fatal Shooting
The Madisonville Police Department has released the names of the officers who shot and killed a man after a weekend pursuit.
Senior Patrol Officer Ryan Clark and Patrol Officer Justin Browning pursued Douglas M. Seaton after he fled a traffic stop Saturday. According to a Kentucky State Police news release, Seaton exited his vehicle and brandished a firearm. Clark and Browning shot Seaton as he approached them, refusing to follow their orders. Per agency policy, officers Clark and Browning have been placed on paid administrative leave.