Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Wed June 25, 2014
MPD Releases Names of Officers Involved in Fatal Shooting
The Madisonville Police Department has released the names of the officers who shot and killed a man after a weekend pursuit.
Senior Patrol Officer Ryan Clark and Patrol Officer Justin Browning pursued Douglas M. Seaton after he fled a traffic stop Saturday. According to a Kentucky State Police news release, Seaton exited his vehicle and brandished a firearm. Clark and Browning shot Seaton as he approached them, refusing to follow their orders. Per agency policy, officers Clark and Browning have been placed on paid administrative leave.