Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue May 12, 2009
MPD to Issue Charges in Burglary Spree
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – The Murray Police Department will charge a Murray man in as many as eleven of 27 recent burglaries. The Murray Ledger and Times reports investigators Sunday traveled to St. Claire, IL near St. Louis after discovering stolen property in some of the burglaries. Based on the property recovered and an interview with the suspect, police say they will charge the man with at least 3 of the burglaries but expect to add eight more charges soon. Officials add other arrests are pending. Since March 23rd, 27 businesses and churches have been burglarized, including 12 over the weekend.