Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed March 20, 2013
MPD Crime Prevention Sergeant Discusses Citizens Police Academy and History Project
The Murray Police Department hosts an eight-week citizen’s police academy this May. MPD Crime Prevention Sergeant Dave Howe says the academy provides a framework where citizens can learn more about police work in general, and how the Murray Police Department serves the community. The 8 week program begins May 6th with Monday evening meetings from 7-9 p.m. Topics include: 911 communications, narcotics investigation, criminal investigations, DUI enforcement, traffic accident investigations, and other parts of the criminal justice system including corrections and courtroom procedures.
Applications are available at the MPD headquarters at 407 Poplar Street in Murray or online (PDF).
Howe also says MPD may be moving into the current city hall, if the City acquires a new downtown building. In preparation for the possible move Howe is beginning a history project for the department. He asks anyone with information relating to the department’s history to contact him.