Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu September 13, 2012
Mowing Employee Injured on US 41 in Christian Co.
A commercial mowing company employee is being treated at Nashville’s Vanderbilt University Medical Center after being run over by a tractor on the right-of-way along US 41 in Christian County late Wednesday. The worker, who has not been identified, was part of a mowing crew working for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet on US 41 near Pembroke. Officials say details are as yet sketchy, but other employees of contractor Double-G Mowing told authorities the man either tripped or fell beneath a tractor as it drove past. KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says a transportation cabinet safety investigation is ongoing.