Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu September 13, 2012
Mowing Employee Injured on US 41 in Christian Co.
A commercial mowing company employee is being treated at Nashville’s Vanderbilt University Medical Center after being run over by a tractor on the right-of-way along US 41 in Christian County late Wednesday. The worker, who has not been identified, was part of a mowing crew working for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet on US 41 near Pembroke. Officials say details are as yet sketchy, but other employees of contractor Double-G Mowing told authorities the man either tripped or fell beneath a tractor as it drove past. KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says a transportation cabinet safety investigation is ongoing.