Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Thu September 13, 2012
Mowing Employee Injured on US 41 in Christian Co.
A commercial mowing company employee is being treated at Nashville’s Vanderbilt University Medical Center after being run over by a tractor on the right-of-way along US 41 in Christian County late Wednesday. The worker, who has not been identified, was part of a mowing crew working for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet on US 41 near Pembroke. Officials say details are as yet sketchy, but other employees of contractor Double-G Mowing told authorities the man either tripped or fell beneath a tractor as it drove past. KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says a transportation cabinet safety investigation is ongoing.