Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue June 26, 2012
Motions Filed to Dismiss Walker Case on Evidence
Defense attorney Dennis Null continues his efforts to get charges dropped against his client charged with a 1998 Murray State Dormitory fire.
Jerry Wayne Walker Junior faces a July 9th trial for a fatal fire at MSU's Hester Hall. Walker is charged with manslaughter, arson, assault, and wanton endangerment. He faced similar charges in a 2001 trial that ended in a hung jury. In a pretrial conference Monday Null asked Circuit Court Judge Dennis Foust to dismiss the trial based on two evidence motions.
Null says some evidence was discovered after the original trial began, and several other pieces of evidence has been lost or destroyed. Commonwealth’s Attorney Mark Blankenship argued the evidence loss was not intentional. Foust said he will rule on the motions by next Tuesday.