Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Fri February 10, 2012
Mother and Daughter Team Campaign Against Bullies
McCracken County's Susan Guess and her daughter Morgan have a message for bullies: enough is enough. Through videos and posts on social media sites Susan and Morgan are getting the word out on the dangers of bullying and how to stop it. They've even raised money to bring in speakers to talk with local civic groups about bullying. Susan says everyone can be a victim of bullying, even adults. She says she's been concerned about bullying in schools for several years, but found a renewed interest in the subject when she found out here daughter was being bullied at her elementary school.
Susan says she thinks it's time to stop blaming schools for the bullying, and start making it socially unacceptable. To view one of Susan's video posts click here.