Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri May 10, 2013
Morton's Gap Begins Construction on New City Hall
The city of Morton’s Gap broke ground on a new city hall Wednesday.
The new 3,200 square foot building more than triples the size of the previous city hall. The project was made possible by a $385,000 loan from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, with $200,000 in coal severance funds.
The Morton’s Gap Police Department will move into the old city hall.
City officials said they hope to be in the new building by October.