Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri May 10, 2013
Morton's Gap Begins Construction on New City Hall
The city of Morton’s Gap broke ground on a new city hall Wednesday.
The new 3,200 square foot building more than triples the size of the previous city hall. The project was made possible by a $385,000 loan from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, with $200,000 in coal severance funds.
The Morton’s Gap Police Department will move into the old city hall.
City officials said they hope to be in the new building by October.