Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Fri May 10, 2013
Morton's Gap Begins Construction on New City Hall
The city of Morton’s Gap broke ground on a new city hall Wednesday.
The new 3,200 square foot building more than triples the size of the previous city hall. The project was made possible by a $385,000 loan from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, with $200,000 in coal severance funds.
The Morton’s Gap Police Department will move into the old city hall.
City officials said they hope to be in the new building by October.