Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri May 10, 2013
Morton's Gap Begins Construction on New City Hall
The city of Morton’s Gap broke ground on a new city hall Wednesday.
The new 3,200 square foot building more than triples the size of the previous city hall. The project was made possible by a $385,000 loan from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, with $200,000 in coal severance funds.
The Morton’s Gap Police Department will move into the old city hall.
City officials said they hope to be in the new building by October.