Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Fri May 10, 2013
Morton's Gap Begins Construction on New City Hall
The city of Morton’s Gap broke ground on a new city hall Wednesday.
The new 3,200 square foot building more than triples the size of the previous city hall. The project was made possible by a $385,000 loan from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, with $200,000 in coal severance funds.
The Morton’s Gap Police Department will move into the old city hall.
City officials said they hope to be in the new building by October.