Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed August 21, 2013
The Morning Cram [young turks edition]
From NPR: The Internet and file sharing have transformed how young people think about possessing music, art, books — even cars. As the millennial generation questions ownership of nearly any possession, they are opting instead to spend money on experiences. And car companies are left scratching their heads.
Kentucky: The McCracken County Fiscal Court discussed the viability of taking over administrative responsibilities for the Paducah Area Community Reuse Organization, or PACRO, in a workshop yesterday. This year's Kentucky high school graduates fell short when measured against national results for ACT college readiness benchmarks but the state is making improvements. The Kentucky Supreme Court is set to step into a long-running dispute over whether a slot machine-like device is legal in the state. Governor Steve Beshear is ripping into Florida Governor Rick Scott over what he calls a "crude" effort to lure businesses to the Sunshine State.
Illinois: Lt. Gove. Sheila Simon is urging taxpayers to comment at public hearings about funding for state-run programs and services.