Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Wed August 21, 2013
The Morning Cram [young turks edition]
From NPR: The Internet and file sharing have transformed how young people think about possessing music, art, books — even cars. As the millennial generation questions ownership of nearly any possession, they are opting instead to spend money on experiences. And car companies are left scratching their heads.
Kentucky: The McCracken County Fiscal Court discussed the viability of taking over administrative responsibilities for the Paducah Area Community Reuse Organization, or PACRO, in a workshop yesterday. This year's Kentucky high school graduates fell short when measured against national results for ACT college readiness benchmarks but the state is making improvements. The Kentucky Supreme Court is set to step into a long-running dispute over whether a slot machine-like device is legal in the state. Governor Steve Beshear is ripping into Florida Governor Rick Scott over what he calls a "crude" effort to lure businesses to the Sunshine State.
Illinois: Lt. Gove. Sheila Simon is urging taxpayers to comment at public hearings about funding for state-run programs and services.