Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Wed January 9, 2013
Morning Cram [yoga class edition]
Parents in one California town are protesting the use of yoga in a local school’s gym class, saying it promotes Hinduism and pagan ideology. Find out why school officials aren’t bending.
Kentucky: Director Spike Lee is Murray State’s 2013 Presidential Lecturer. Lee’s lecture is called “An Evening with Spike Lee: America Through My Lens.” Kentucky is marking a historic moment after electing its first woman to a house leadership position. Kentucky legislative leaders say solutions on how to pay for Kentucky’s under funded pensions won’t likely be addressed in the 2013 legislative session. National Book Award winner and UK professor Nikky Finney has announced she plans to leave the commonwealth for her native South Carolina. Kentucky House Majority Leader Rocky Adkins expects work to be completed in the next couple of days on committee appointments, including chairmanships for the start of the new legislative session. More than 260 Kentucky teachers were awarded national certification in 2012. Newly-elected Paducah City Commissioner Sandra Wilson is also the new mayor pro tem.
Illinois: The Illinois House adjourned its lame-duck session without taking action to solve the state's multibillion pension problem.