Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed January 9, 2013
Morning Cram [yoga class edition]
Parents in one California town are protesting the use of yoga in a local school’s gym class, saying it promotes Hinduism and pagan ideology. Find out why school officials aren’t bending.
Kentucky: Director Spike Lee is Murray State’s 2013 Presidential Lecturer. Lee’s lecture is called “An Evening with Spike Lee: America Through My Lens.” Kentucky is marking a historic moment after electing its first woman to a house leadership position. Kentucky legislative leaders say solutions on how to pay for Kentucky’s under funded pensions won’t likely be addressed in the 2013 legislative session. National Book Award winner and UK professor Nikky Finney has announced she plans to leave the commonwealth for her native South Carolina. Kentucky House Majority Leader Rocky Adkins expects work to be completed in the next couple of days on committee appointments, including chairmanships for the start of the new legislative session. More than 260 Kentucky teachers were awarded national certification in 2012. Newly-elected Paducah City Commissioner Sandra Wilson is also the new mayor pro tem.
Illinois: The Illinois House adjourned its lame-duck session without taking action to solve the state's multibillion pension problem.