Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu June 13, 2013
The Morning Cram [but why? edition]
From NPR: When parents aren't sure how to approach a difficult subject, they sometimes turn to other media — and Linda Ellerbee is happy to lend a hand. She's been the host of Nickelodeon's NickNews for 22 years, and her one rule of thumb is don't dumb it down.
Kentucky: Outgoing Murray State President Randy Dunn will become the eighth president of Youngstown State University on July 15. Android phone and tablet users can access a new app that compiles content from the Kentucky Department of Education. Wheat farmers are expected to harvest a larger crop this year. Seven athletes are being inducted into the Kentucky Athletic Hall of Fame today.
Tennessee: Gov. Bill Haslam has named Burns Phillips the new commissioner of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development. The Tennessee Board of Pharmacy says it has adopted new regulations for compounding pharmacies licensed by the state.
Illinois: House Speaker Michael Madigan is planning a fresh vote on his own plan to reform public-employee pensions.