Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue October 29, 2013
The Morning Cram [who is watching edition]
From NPR: Law enforcement agencies across the country subpoena cellphone location data regularly. But civil liberties groups hope a series of state-level legal victories will usher in stronger protections for that often-revealing digital information.
Kentucky: In the 2012-13 fiscal year, the number of people who contacted the Kentucky Human Rights Commission with possible discrimination incidents increased 30%. The McCracken County Fiscal Court is considering joining nine other western Kentucky counties in supporting a Kentucky House of Representatives bill that would return Tennessee Valley Authority money to counties for economic development. An anti-drug organization has collected a ton of unwanted prescription drugs using drop boxes throughout Kentucky.
Illinois: Two Illinois state senators say they want "partisan bickering" over the state's budget to be put aside.
Tennessee: Tennessee lawmakers are planning a hearing on the panel that vets textbooks for use in public schools.