Most Active Stories
- Freezing Rain and Sleet This Evening
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Mon March 11, 2013
The Morning Cram [we can do it! edition]
From NPR:"The blunt truth is men still run the world," says Silicon Valley executive Sheryl Sandberg — and the problem begins as early as the playground, where assertive boys are called leaders, and assertive girls are called bossy.
Kentucky: State Auditor Adam Edelen is looking for a 2014 democratic victory over Republican incumbent Mitch McConnell. Kentucky lawmakers are scheduled to reconvene today in a rush to pass some key measures before time runs out. The Murray State Racers were not able to seal the deal in OT in their 70-68 loss to the Belmont Bruins at the Ohio Valley Conference Championship this weekend.
Tennesee: A proposal to tighten enrollment requirements at Tennessee’s online-only schools is expected to be on the Senate floor tonight.
Illinois: Governor Pat Quinn says proposed legislation to end some corporate tax breaks is the best way to help pay $9 billion in overdue bills.