Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu August 1, 2013
The Morning Cram [wall street take me home edition]
From NPR: A new fund that begins trading on the New York Stock Exchange is a collection of stocks in publicly traded companies that have one thing in common: the city they call home. The fund managers say it will be an opportunity for locals to invest in companies they know. If it succeeds, other cities could be next.
Kentucky: The Paducah-Area Community Reuse Organization, or PACRO, Executive Committee is entering into administrative contract negotiations with the McCracken County Fiscal Court. A dozen Kentucky AmeriCorps programs will receive more than $3.8 million in new grant money. State GOP Chairman Steve Robertson has been appointed to head an advisory committee to the Republican National Committee.
Illinois: Gov. Pat Quinn is expected to sign legislation later in the day that will make Illinois the 20th state to legalize medical marijuana. Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon will run for State Comptroller in 2014.