Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri August 3, 2012
the morning cram [unemployment/election edition]
From NPR: Unemployment rises 8.3 percent despite creation of 163,000 new jobs.
From Tennessee: Tennesseans doing back-to-school shopping have the opportunity to stretch their dollars during this weekend’s annual sales tax holiday. Six congressional incumbents defeated their challengers in Tennessee's primary election. The Tennessee Valley Authority reports third quarter financials.
From Illinois: Illinois corrections officials have moved eight of the state's more volatile criminals from the supermax Tamms penitentiary.