Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri October 4, 2013
The Morning Cram [tick tock tick tock edition]
From NPR: President Obama says he won't negotiate with Republicans over the debt ceiling, but he's happy to talk once the government is open and the full faith and credit of the United States is assured. Experts in negotiation weigh in about the tactics and the strategy being used during the budget impasse.
Kentucky: Fort Campbell has canceled Retiree Appreciation Day, saying the government shutdown makes the event impossible. A Murray State University professor answered questions from the uninsured about the Affordable Care Act in an open forum yesterday.
Illinois: A proposed solution to Illinois' historic $100 million pension crisis is hanging in the balance as the state Legislature's October veto session approaches.
Tennessee: Obion County officials have approved a $3.65 million dollar incentive package in the hopes of attracting an industrial manufacturer. Gov. Bill Haslam has pledged to improve teacher salaries over the next several years.