Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu August 15, 2013
The Morning Cram [thumbs up edition]
From NPR: Need a ride to the party or the concert? Instead of making endless phone calls, these days teens turn to social media to arrange transportation. It's called ridesharing, a form of cyber-hitchhiking used by a generation that isn't rushing to get a driver's license or dream car.
Kentucky: The Public Service Commission approved agreements yesterday to allow the Century Aluminum smelter in Hawesville to purchase electric power on the open market. The St. Louis Federal Reserve President says the Fed continues to fine tune financial policies in the continued sluggish economy. The Dorena-Hickman Ferry has been closed, and officials say it will probably be late today before service resumes. Several of the state's top economists are scheduled to meet in Frankfort this afternoon to make projections about how Kentucky's business climate will fare in the year ahead.
Illinois: Illinois law enforcement officials are producing informational videos to combat what they say is an "epidemic" of heroin use. The Illinois Department of Natural Resources is proposing 60-day duck-hunting seasons for 2013 and 2014.