Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon April 16, 2012
the morning cram [that's just, like, your opinion, man edition]
What would Jesus do... with the economy?
NPR reports the God-and-government debate has turned toward the Republican budget plan. Liberal religious leaders say the plan, which lowered taxes and cut services to the poor, was an affront to the Gospel — and particularly Jesus' command to care for the poor.
Kentucky~ Lawmakers are returning to Frankfort today to begin a special session called by Governor Steve Beshear. A Fort Campbell soldier has been arrested in Georgia after a high-speed chase in connection with the fatal shooting of his wife. There will be lane restrictions along Interstate 69 between Eddyville and the Pennyrile Parkway beginning today. The US Coast Guard will begin a formal hearing today to hear testimony regarding the collision between a cargo ship and the Eggner’s Ferry Bridge in late January.