Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri November 8, 2013
The Morning Cram [the tallest towers edition]
From NPR: Is One World Trade Center now the tallest building in North America, or does that distinction belong to the Willis Tower in Chicago? The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, a non-profit organization that's based in Chicago, will make the final decision on Friday. One thing everyone can be sure of: There's only one.
Kentucky: Paris Winery and Spirits is looking to open a sales and tasting business in Murray. The Union County public library has achieved a No. 1 ranking in attendance for its children's program. The Kentucky Department of Insurance is asking to be allowed to manage funds used for school board workers' compensation and property and liability claims. A former police officer who was the lead investigator of a 1994 double slaying at a southern Kentucky massage parlor has been sentenced on a tampering with evidence charge in the unsolved case.
Illinois: The Illinois Republican Party and the Republican National Committee have announced a new state director whose job is to boost the party's election prospects.
Tennessee: The Tennessee GOP and former chief of staff Mark Winslow have settled a lawsuit over the public disclosure of his severance pay after he left the party.