Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Thu August 16, 2012
morning cram [Sudanese cattle-rustlin' edition]
Today on NPR: In South Sudan, a man's worth is measured by bovine wealth, and ever-increasing dowries are paid in cows. Cattle-rustling is an age-old problem. But recently, these raids have become markedly more violent, and the new nation is having difficulty stopping them.
- Electricity rates for Tennessee Valley Authority customers in seven states, including Kentucky and Tennessee, are on today’s agenda for the utility's board of directors.
- Some Tennesseans hope their state will change alcohol sales regulations at grocery stores after a federal court in Kentucky found beer only sales at grocery stores unconstitutional.
- CIA Director, and retired four-star general, David Petraeus returns to 101st Airborne Division, the unit he led into Iraq in 2003.
- Voters in southern Illinois’ 12th Congressional District heard the three candidates for the U.S. House talk about their job-creation proposals at a debate yesterday.
To see yesterday's headlines, check out the afternoon round-up.