Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon August 27, 2012
The Morning Cram [Stormy, Murder, Campfire Safety, Recycle Edition}
From NPR: Tempest in Tampa: Isaac Tests Romney's Mettle
From Kentucky: A husband and wife from McCracken County are in Alabama this morning, hoping to help out when Tropical Storm Isaac makes landfall. Peyton Manning followed Tim Tebow to Denver, and now he's following him to Graves County. The search resumed this morning for a fisherman missing since yesterday in the Ohio River just off of the Ballard County shore. Despite prosecution efforts to reach a plea bargain, jury selection begins tomorrow in Marshall Circuit Court for a murder trial stemming from a 2011 fatal car-and-truck crash.
From Illinois: Illinois manufacturers say they're disappointed with Gov. Pat Quinn's veto of a bill requiring a plastic bag recycling program. Illinois state officials are reminding campers to practice fire safety, especially with the severe drought conditions in the state.
From Tennessee: Beginning September 1st, anyone claiming Tennessee unemployment benefits will have to show they’re actively looking for work, including keeping a work search log.