Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon June 18, 2012
the morning cram [staying afloat edition]
NPR reports officials in Venice, Italy are doing anything they can to keep the city financially afloat.
Kentucky ~ Kentucky’s top education official, Dr. Terry Holliday, will answer questions from the public in another Twitter town hall event this Wednesday. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet officials say a fire has damaged a wooden railroad bridge and closed a road in Hickman County. A former Christian County social worker has been indicted on a charge of tampering with public records. The Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky has released a new online directory of community groups that could provide support for patients and their families. The body of a Lovelaceville boater missing since Friday was found on Big Turner Lake late last night.
Tennessee ~ Republican lawmakers are hosting a conference in Tennessee aimed at loosening federal regulations they say hinder job growth. A Tennessee legislator says a recent legal opinion from the state’s attorney general has soothed concerns about the state’s open meetings law.