Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon June 18, 2012
the morning cram [staying afloat edition]
NPR reports officials in Venice, Italy are doing anything they can to keep the city financially afloat.
Kentucky ~ Kentucky’s top education official, Dr. Terry Holliday, will answer questions from the public in another Twitter town hall event this Wednesday. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet officials say a fire has damaged a wooden railroad bridge and closed a road in Hickman County. A former Christian County social worker has been indicted on a charge of tampering with public records. The Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky has released a new online directory of community groups that could provide support for patients and their families. The body of a Lovelaceville boater missing since Friday was found on Big Turner Lake late last night.
Tennessee ~ Republican lawmakers are hosting a conference in Tennessee aimed at loosening federal regulations they say hinder job growth. A Tennessee legislator says a recent legal opinion from the state’s attorney general has soothed concerns about the state’s open meetings law.