Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu December 27, 2012
The Morning Cram [squeaky clean chompers edition]
From NPR: Inventors are on a quest for the perfect toothbrush. As of Christmas Day 138 patents had been submitted for an improved version of the twice daily tool. Surprisingly getting your teeth clean is a complicated ordeal.
Kentucky: Now that the holiday shopping frenzy is over Kentucky retailers are looking over their sales and are finding some room to grow. Endangered whooping cranes have been spotted in Henderson and Hopkins counties prompting a possible end to sandhill crane hunting season. A Kentucky program is improving the health and development of needy children.
Tennessee: A new interlibrary loan service is going to make sharing books in Tennessee cheaper and faster. Health officials say pregnant women should not try to induce labor just to ensure their baby’s birthday is Jan. 1. The state park system is celebrating its 75th anniversary by providing free hikes in all of the state parks.
Illinois: Gov. Pat Quinn is pushing legislation to expand Medicaid and create a state-run health insurance exchange in response to President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul.