Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon December 30, 2013
The Morning Cram [spoonful of cinnamon edition]
From NPR: If I say cinnamon, you say ... sugar? It's a popular combination, of course. But if you're interested in the health-promoting effects of cinnamon, you may want to think anew about the spice.
Kentucky: More than 400 candidates have filed to run across Kentucky in next year's elections. Kentucky highway fatalities this year are the lowest since 1947. State officials are reminding Kentuckians that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will provide grants to partially pay for projects that help clean up polluted streams, lakes and groundwater supplies. An analysis by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce has found that many communities across the state have rebounded from the 2008 recession.
Tennessee: The Bureau of TennCare has awarded managed care contracts to AmeriGroup, BlueCare Tennessee and UnitedHealthcare.