Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon May 27, 2013
The Morning Cram [soul food edition]
From NPR: Bariatric surgery has a good track record in combating the health risks of obesity. But new health exchanges in Mississippi and other Southern states won't pay for it, even though those states have some of the nation's highest rates of obesity.
Kentucky: State Rep. Derrick Graham has been named the new chairman of the state House Education committee, Democratic leaders announced Friday. The Murray City Council has approved a $44.6 million budget despite failed attempts to amend the spending plan. Unseasonably cool springtime temperatures coupled with lots of rain have created challenges for many Kentucky farmers.
Illinois: The state of Illinois is holding more than 100 lost or forgotten military medals in its vaults under the capitol and is return them trying to the families of veterans. Illinois Gay rights advocates are vowing to call a vote in the state's House this week to make Illinois the 13th state to embrace same-sex marriage. The Illinois Attorney General's office has updated a guide to federal and state benefits for service members and veterans.