Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu October 10, 2013
The Morning Cram [small and stagnate edition]
From NPR: When politicians say that small businesses are key to job growth, what most people imagine are mom-and-pop shops — the dry cleaner or coffee place. It may make a good sound bite, but research shows that most small businesses stay small. Only a fraction of these do grow into something big.
Kentucky: A select committee investigating sexual harassment complaints against a former lawmaker will consider sending letters to all legislative staffers inviting them to come forward with grievances. Republican Matt Bevin has hired a national communications director to work on his U.S. Senate campaign. The Kentucky State Police arrested 39-year-old Stewart Odom of Murray yesterday in connection with an early morning Arson Fire that occurred on Oct. 6th.
Illinois: Illinois officials say they will improve all-terrain vehicle recreational access by selling usage stamps beginning early next year.
Tennessee: The Tennessee Highway Patrol is warning motorists about deer-related crashes during the fall and winter.