Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue October 8, 2013
The Morning Cram [shshshshshshsh edition]
From NPR: For the few hundred people living in the cell- and wireless-free town of Green Bank, W.Va., staying connected — to each other and to the outside world — is a daily challenge. The area is within a zone designed to protect a giant radio telescope from interference.
Kentucky: Kentucky students are being recruited to spread the message about the dangers of prescription drug abuse. Churchill Downs is installing a video board bigger than three basketball courts to make sure everyone attending the Kentucky Derby can actually see the horse race.
Illinois: The Illinois State Board of Education is announcing a series of public hearings as it re-examines school funding.
Tennessee: New data from the Tennessee Health Department shows more drug dependent newborns in the first nine months of this year than in all of 2011.