Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon April 29, 2013
The Morning Cram [show me the money edition]
From NPR: After at least three years of red ink, most states have budget surpluses. It's a sign of a recovering economy, and leaves states with a new dilemma — how best to spend the money?
Kentucky: Calloway County Clerk Ray Gene Coursey Jr. died Saturday at the Murray Calloway County Hospital. A new political group will hit the airwaves just after the Kentucky Derby to oppose the federal healthcare law.
Tennessee: The Tennessee Valley Authority has approved more than 250 small-scale renewable energy projects for 2013, the overwhelming majority relying on solar energy. Heavy rain and localized flooding has caused problems in northwestern Middle Tennessee.