Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed August 7, 2013
The Morning Cram [shock probation edition]
From NPR: Eric Holder, the nation's top law enforcement officer, is calling for a sea change in the criminal justice system. The attorney general is joined by a bipartisan group of lawmakers who want to overhaul prison sentencing policies.
Kentucky: Kentucky's Auditor says the state agency responsible for responding to weather disasters and other emergencies used taxpayer funds to pay for $100,000 in alcohol, entertainment and other disallowed expenditures—and officials altered documents to hide it. Paducah’s mayor and city commissioners approved a $265,000 transfer from the General Fund to the city’s Riverfront Redevelopment Project. Land owners and environmentalists are gathering in Frankfort to protest a proposed pipeline that would carry flammable liquids through several counties in northern Kentucky.
Tennessee: Gov. Bill Haslam has announced a new statewide health and wellness initiative.
Illinois: Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon has launched a survey to get feedback from military families statewide.