Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed August 7, 2013
The Morning Cram [shock probation edition]
From NPR: Eric Holder, the nation's top law enforcement officer, is calling for a sea change in the criminal justice system. The attorney general is joined by a bipartisan group of lawmakers who want to overhaul prison sentencing policies.
Kentucky: Kentucky's Auditor says the state agency responsible for responding to weather disasters and other emergencies used taxpayer funds to pay for $100,000 in alcohol, entertainment and other disallowed expenditures—and officials altered documents to hide it. Paducah’s mayor and city commissioners approved a $265,000 transfer from the General Fund to the city’s Riverfront Redevelopment Project. Land owners and environmentalists are gathering in Frankfort to protest a proposed pipeline that would carry flammable liquids through several counties in northern Kentucky.
Tennessee: Gov. Bill Haslam has announced a new statewide health and wellness initiative.
Illinois: Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon has launched a survey to get feedback from military families statewide.