Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed August 7, 2013
The Morning Cram [shock probation edition]
From NPR: Eric Holder, the nation's top law enforcement officer, is calling for a sea change in the criminal justice system. The attorney general is joined by a bipartisan group of lawmakers who want to overhaul prison sentencing policies.
Kentucky: Kentucky's Auditor says the state agency responsible for responding to weather disasters and other emergencies used taxpayer funds to pay for $100,000 in alcohol, entertainment and other disallowed expenditures—and officials altered documents to hide it. Paducah’s mayor and city commissioners approved a $265,000 transfer from the General Fund to the city’s Riverfront Redevelopment Project. Land owners and environmentalists are gathering in Frankfort to protest a proposed pipeline that would carry flammable liquids through several counties in northern Kentucky.
Tennessee: Gov. Bill Haslam has announced a new statewide health and wellness initiative.
Illinois: Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon has launched a survey to get feedback from military families statewide.