Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon February 27, 2012
the morning cram [the same thing we do every night edition]
New research shows nerve damage can be repaired in days, not months.
NPR reports scientists have found a way to reattach severed ends of nerve cells in rats. This could mean new methods to help the more than 50,000 people a year in the U.S. who suffer nerve injuries could be available soon.
Kentucky~ A new bill would allow students to go to school outside of the district they live in. Lawmakers still have loose ends to tie up before the legislative session ends in April. Public financing is considered for Supreme Court races. When it comes to the budget, the more things change the more they stay the same. The Racers finish with no losses away from home. A Paducah Native died in a perplexing Taliban attack.
Tennessee~ Officials say crews have found the body of a barge worker who fell into the Tennessee River in Marshall County over the weekend.
Illinois~ Governor Pat Quinn wants to eliminate the state's contributions toward health insurance benefits for retired school teachers and community college professors.