Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue November 27, 2012
The Morning Cram [rotten egg edition]
From NPR: Food waste is the No. 1 material going into landfills according to the Environmental Protection Agency. And a large chunk of it is coming from restaurants. All that wasted food doesn’t just make a rank smell, it’s contributing to global warming too.
Tennessee: Beth Harwell will serve another term as head of the state House, but Judd Matheny lost his position as speaker pro tempore to Curtis Johnson.
Illinois: Members of the General Assembly want corporations to publish their income-tax bills in the name of transparency and fairness. The U.S. Supreme Court delivered a blow to an Illinois anti-eavesdropping law saying it violated free-speech rights.