Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue November 27, 2012
The Morning Cram [rotten egg edition]
From NPR: Food waste is the No. 1 material going into landfills according to the Environmental Protection Agency. And a large chunk of it is coming from restaurants. All that wasted food doesn’t just make a rank smell, it’s contributing to global warming too.
Tennessee: Beth Harwell will serve another term as head of the state House, but Judd Matheny lost his position as speaker pro tempore to Curtis Johnson.
Illinois: Members of the General Assembly want corporations to publish their income-tax bills in the name of transparency and fairness. The U.S. Supreme Court delivered a blow to an Illinois anti-eavesdropping law saying it violated free-speech rights.