Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon June 25, 2012
the morning cram [ribeye, bbq, and ham topped triple bacon burger edition]
NPR reports we have evolved to eat meat, but we might be going overboard with some dishes.
Kentucky ~ The Murray-Calloway County Chamber of Commerce Advocacy Committee is moving ahead with plans to support possible legislation increasing the speed limit on US 68/KY 80 to 65 mph. Traffic will be restricted to one lane this week on the US 51/60/62 Ohio River Bridge between Wickliffe, Kentucky, and Cairo, Illinois. A fire in a Lone Oak apartment complex sent a man to the hospital Sunday and damaged several neighboring units. Summer heat will build across the commonwealth this week, climaxing in some triple-digit readings Friday. Some experts are predicting one of the worst summers in decades for mosquitoes, but one University of Kentucky professor is taking a wait-and-see approach. Experts at the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture say the exceptionally dry conditions mean farmers should consider a rotational grazing system for their livestock.
Illinois ~ Thousands of Illinois residents with high medication costs have seen gains from a provision of the Affordable Care Act aimed at shrinking the Medicare drug coverage gap known as the "doughnut hole."