Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue December 10, 2013
The Morning Cram [relying on the bench edition]
From NPR: BP is challenging hundreds of millions of dollars in claims that were filed after the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, saying some have no connection to the spill. But legal experts say the claims don't have to be spill-related and BP is relying on a friendly court to limit how much it will pay.
Kentucky: The Murray State board of regents met Friday and deferred actions on budget planning and review team recommendations to identify cuts and increased revenue. The two women vying for a vacant seat in the Kentucky House both agree jobs are the foremost issue facing the 7th District that includes Union and portions of Henderson and Daviess counties. A federal review released Monday has found widespread misuse of government property and employees at the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources. Enrollment through kynect, Kentucky's health benefits website, has grown by more than 11,000 in a 10-day period starting Thanksgiving week.
Tennessee: The Tennessee State Funding Board will meet on Tuesday to hear economists' revenue estimates for the upcoming budget year.