Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu January 2, 2014
The Morning Cram [prediction edition]
From NPR: Fifty years ago, science-fiction writer Isaac Asimov foresaw gadgets that "relieve mankind of tedious jobs" like machines that heat water and prepare coffee. He predicted smartphones — noting we'd be able to see and hear someone we call, and be able to look at photos on the same screen.
Kentucky: The Kentucky Commonwealth's Attorney's office has asked the Owensboro Police Department to investigate allegations against a priest. McCracken County Judge-Executive Van Newberry is running for a third term, and will do so as an independent. The Kentucky Arts Council is looking for performing artists to be included in an online directory. Circuit Court judges from around the state gathered in Frankfort recently for an educational session.
Tennessee: As of Jan. 1, most government building projects in Tennessee no longer have to pay the prevailing wage.