Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed April 10, 2013
The Morning Cram [one word: plastics edition]
From NPR: Much of the money given through Pell Grants is going to students who never graduate. The group these grants serve is also drastically changing. Students aren’t just fresh-faced high school grads anymore. They’re adults who have lost their jobs and are trying to improve their chances of getting a job by furthering their education.
Kentucky: Paducah’s Downtown Farmer’s Market looks like it will have far fewer vendors this year due to a liability insurance requirement.
Tennessee: A proposal to allow teachers with prior law enforcement experience to carry guns in schools has passed both state House and Senate committees. A bill that would create a special panel to authorize charter schools has stalled in the Senate, and another banning cameras in polling places has been withdrawn in the House.
Illinois: State House Minority Leader Tom Cross won’t say if he would vote for legalizing gay marriage.