Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue November 19, 2013
The Morning Cram [by the numbers edition]
From NPR: A congressional directive requires U.S. detention centers to fill 34,000 beds per night. Supporters say it ensures that the nation's immigration laws are being enforced. But critics say housing a fixed number of immigrants at any given time is inhumane, inefficient and too expensive.
Kentucky: A flock of whooping cranes being guided by an aircraft on the way to Florida has arrived in Union County.
Illinois: U.S. Senator Dick Durbin addressed his colleagues in Congress yesterday about helping Illinois recover from severe weekend storms.
Tennessee: While the number of people in Tennessee buying health insurance through new exchanges has been slow, state officials say the number of people being directed to the state's expanded Medicaid program is more than they expected. Restaurants at eight Tennessee state parks will be open Nov. 28 to serve Thanksgiving dinner, including Paris Landing State Park in Henry County.