Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu August 29, 2013
The Morning Cram [not really lovin' it edition]
From NPR: Fast food and restaurant work used to be seen as an entry point for the young. Today, the average such employee is 29, and nearly a quarter are parents. For these workers, current wages are hardly enough to support them, let alone their families.
Kentucky: Readers of AAA Midwest Traveler have voted Paducah as the best day trip from Evansville, Indiana. The federally funded group tasked with mitigating the effects of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant’s closure blocked the press from accessing much of its public meeting Wednesday. Governors from across the South will convene in Louisville to discuss regional issues, particularly expanding the manufacturing industry. Kentucky will receive nearly a half-million dollars to help pay advanced placement test fees for low-income students. Kentucky State Police will be trying to keep the number of vehicle collisions down during the upcoming holiday weekend.
Illinois: Illinois House Republicans will consider electing a new leader today.