Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu August 29, 2013
The Morning Cram [not really lovin' it edition]
From NPR: Fast food and restaurant work used to be seen as an entry point for the young. Today, the average such employee is 29, and nearly a quarter are parents. For these workers, current wages are hardly enough to support them, let alone their families.
Kentucky: Readers of AAA Midwest Traveler have voted Paducah as the best day trip from Evansville, Indiana. The federally funded group tasked with mitigating the effects of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant’s closure blocked the press from accessing much of its public meeting Wednesday. Governors from across the South will convene in Louisville to discuss regional issues, particularly expanding the manufacturing industry. Kentucky will receive nearly a half-million dollars to help pay advanced placement test fees for low-income students. Kentucky State Police will be trying to keep the number of vehicle collisions down during the upcoming holiday weekend.
Illinois: Illinois House Republicans will consider electing a new leader today.