Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu August 29, 2013
The Morning Cram [not really lovin' it edition]
From NPR: Fast food and restaurant work used to be seen as an entry point for the young. Today, the average such employee is 29, and nearly a quarter are parents. For these workers, current wages are hardly enough to support them, let alone their families.
Kentucky: Readers of AAA Midwest Traveler have voted Paducah as the best day trip from Evansville, Indiana. The federally funded group tasked with mitigating the effects of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant’s closure blocked the press from accessing much of its public meeting Wednesday. Governors from across the South will convene in Louisville to discuss regional issues, particularly expanding the manufacturing industry. Kentucky will receive nearly a half-million dollars to help pay advanced placement test fees for low-income students. Kentucky State Police will be trying to keep the number of vehicle collisions down during the upcoming holiday weekend.
Illinois: Illinois House Republicans will consider electing a new leader today.