Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Mon December 3, 2012
The Morning Cram [no smokes 4 u edition]
From NPR: A study has found that people trying to quit smoking were twice as successful if they received encouraging text messages while trying to quit.
Kentucky: The University of Kentucky hires Mark Stoops as its new football coach after an 0-8 season. Former Lt. Gov. Daniel Mongiardo says he is considering running for governor. Kentucky State Police are investigating the death of a 2 year old from Eddyville. A book donation in Owensboro will help thousands of children this year through the Toys for Tots program.
Tennessee: The top two Republicans support a move to allow wine sales in grocery stores. The Department of Children’s Services is being scrutinized for not releasing information regarding 31 child deaths during the first half of this year. Some public schools in the state will participate in a pilot program to either extend the school day or add days to the school calendar. Lamar Alexander announces the leadership for his third Senate bid dashing speculation about his retirement. Chris Devaney will serve his third term as GOP chairman.