Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Wed August 15, 2012
The Morning Cram [Mummies, Retirement, Debate & Duck House Edition]
From NPR: A couple of thousand years before the Egyptians preserved some of their dead, a much simpler society made the first known mummies.The desert area where they lived was so dry, dead people turned into mummies naturally.
From Kentucky: Eastern Kentucky University's President says he'll retire. Paducah's City Commission supports ducks. There's a new history app. Commercial building incentives may soon be here for Paducah's Fountain Avenue Neighborhood.
From Tennessee: Democrats ask state election officials about improper ballots in the recent primary.