Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu June 21, 2012
morning cram [mango pickle down river edition]
Today on NPR: Vannak Prum was forced to work on a Thai fishing boat for three years before he escaped by jumping overboard. With little oversight, rogue captains buy men like Prum from traffickers and use them to plunder the fishing grounds of surrounding nations.
Illinois ~ Governor Pat Quinn’s decision to shut down the Tamms Supermax Prison in southern Illinois is drawing praise from human rights groups.
Kentucky ~ The CEO of Kentucky’s largest private Medicaid operator says mistakes in state government caused his company to push for changes in its contracts with healthcare providers. A new survey aims to provide an estimate of how many horses live in the self-proclaimed "Horse Capitol of the World."