Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu March 29, 2012
the morning cram [the man, the legend edition]
By Gary Pitts
"When Earl played, he put fire in his right hand...it had the stank on it...it was the right thing." - Ricky Skaggs
NPR reports Earl Scruggs, legendary banjo picker and giant of bluegrass music, has passed away at the age of 88.