Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Fri November 22, 2013
The Morning Cram [make bank edition]
From NPR: The Swiss are voting on a proposal Sunday that would prohibit corporate executives from making more than 12 times what their companies' lowest-paid workers make. Opponents warn it would drive companies and jobs out of Switzerland, and opinion polls show the measure lagging. But there is a growing mood across Europe in favor of leveling pay scales
Kentucky: The Transportation Cabinet is warning drivers to wear their seatbelts over the holiday season. A call for a smoking ban inside Kentucky’s workplaces and public buildings has the support of the state’s largest business organization. The Murray State University presidential search committee will begin receiving applications in the next few days.
Illinois: The annual firearm deer hunting season starts Friday and runs through Sunday. Legislative leaders discussed a developing plan to deal with Illinois' $100 billion pension crisis as the state's biggest employee unions planned a lobbying push to oppose it.