Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri November 22, 2013
The Morning Cram [make bank edition]
From NPR: The Swiss are voting on a proposal Sunday that would prohibit corporate executives from making more than 12 times what their companies' lowest-paid workers make. Opponents warn it would drive companies and jobs out of Switzerland, and opinion polls show the measure lagging. But there is a growing mood across Europe in favor of leveling pay scales
Kentucky: The Transportation Cabinet is warning drivers to wear their seatbelts over the holiday season. A call for a smoking ban inside Kentucky’s workplaces and public buildings has the support of the state’s largest business organization. The Murray State University presidential search committee will begin receiving applications in the next few days.
Illinois: The annual firearm deer hunting season starts Friday and runs through Sunday. Legislative leaders discussed a developing plan to deal with Illinois' $100 billion pension crisis as the state's biggest employee unions planned a lobbying push to oppose it.