Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon June 3, 2013
The Morning Cram [keep it secret, keep it safe edition]
From NPR: Prosecutors say the soldier downloaded thousands of diplomatic cables and war field reports and sent them to the website WikiLeaks. His trial, which begins today, highlights the U.S. government's aggressive campaign to keep secrets.
Kentucky: Heavy rains brought flash flooding to parts of western Kentucky this weekend. The timing of a special legislative session for the Kentucky General Assembly remains uncertain. A Paducah elementary school has won a grant for a new, environmentally friendly playground. Kentucky’s junior U.S. Senator Rand Paul says Republicans can win in heavily Democratic states by appealing to a more diverse group of voters and people who don't always agree.
Illinois: The Illinois Legislature's failure to act on the pension crisis could cause problems for Gov. Pat Quinn's re-election bid.