Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri June 28, 2013
The Morning Cram [just sign the forms edition]
From NPR: The interest rate on government-backed student loans is going to double on Monday. Policymakers in Washington could not agree on a plan to keep it from happening. If they don't agree on a plan soon, 7 million students expected to take out new Stafford loans could be stuck with a much bigger bill.
Kentucky: The Murray City Council is no longer a councilman short. Federal judge Edward Johnstone who reformed Kentucky’s prison system died Wednesday at age 91. Murray State’s Isaiah Canaan is headed to the NBA as the newest player on the Houston Rockets. The 101st Airborne Division is trying to save their 506th Infantry Regiment, which traces its lineage back to the "Band of Brothers" of World War II.
Tennessee: Tennessee and Kentucky are getting maximum grants under a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service program to combat a disease that is killing bats.
Illinois: Gov. Pat Quinn is scolding lawmakers for not meeting sooner to hash out a solution to the state's pension crisis.