Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue August 20, 2013
The Morning Cram [it’s raining…kangaroos? edition]
From NPR: Sea level has been rising steadily as a result of global warming. But in 2010 and 2011, levels dropped sharply by a quarter of an inch. A new analysis says that's because extraordinarily heavy rainfall got trapped in inland Australia.
Kentucky: The Kentucky House will try to keep legislative redistricting on a fast track on the second day of a special legislative session.
Tennessee: U.S. Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee insists his willingness to work with Democrats doesn't make him a moderate, but ardent conservatives think otherwise.
Illinois: The Illinois state fire marshal is urging residents to drive slowly on neighborhood streets as the school year gets underway. Motorists will be able to drive a little faster on Illinois' rural interstates under legislation signed into law yesterday by Gov. Pat Quinn.