Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue August 14, 2012
The Morning Cram [It Looks Like Boot Hill for Gunslingers, Cowboys and Textbooks Edition]
From NPR: AWild Resting Place for Gunslingers and Cowboys
From Kentucky: Former Kentucky agriculture commissioner Richie Farmer will be in court this morning asking for a reduction to his child support payments. Teachers are being pushed to find more resources online as more and more textbooks become outdated and are not being replaced. Some doctors are expressing concerns about new state regulations requiring them to meet tougher prescription standards in an effort to stop drug abuse. A memorial service for Governor Steve Beshear’s chief of staff Mike Haydon will be held tomorrow afternoon in the state Capitol Rotunda.
From Illinois: The Republican running to replace Southern Illinois’ U.S. Representative Jerry Costello said he's confident he can put the 12th District in the GOP column for the first time since World War II.
From Tennessee: About 150 Tennessee Army National Guardsmen from Union City are among more than 300 Tennessee National Guard members flying home this week after a year's deployment in the Middle East.