Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon December 9, 2013
The Morning Cram [inside the insider edition]
From NPR: While the latest Coen brothers movie, Inside Llewyn Davis, isn't a biopic, it is inspired by the life of a real person: the late Dave Van Ronk. He was a folk and blues singer and a central figure in the folk revival of the early 1960s. NPR's Joel Rose has the story of the musician, who was known for his avuncular presence on the Greenwich Village scene.
Kentucky: An adjudicatory hearing in the ethics case against former western Kentucky state Rep. John Arnold has been postponed. U.S. Senator Rand Paul says the best way to confront poverty and unemployment in cities like Detroit is to lower taxes. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has appeared before Kentucky's most influential farm group to explain his vote against the Senate's version of a new farm bill. Big Rivers Corp. says it expects to trim its workforce by 165 positions when it idles two generating plants. A consultant will be brought in to help with the search for a new leader of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. Voters in parts of Kentucky will go to the polls tomorrow for a pair of special elections.