Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed April 11, 2012
the morning cram [i'm taking it back edition]
Some Hindus are fighting back against the hemp-clothed latte crowd and trying to return Yoga to its philosophical roots. So take a deep breath, greet the sun, and get ready for "Take Back Yoga 2: Electric Boogaloo"
NPR reports about 20 million people in the United States practice some form of yoga. But some Hindus say yoga is about far more than exercise and breathing techniques. They want recognition that it comes from a deeper philosophy — one, in their view, with Hindu roots.
Kentucky ~ LBL could see changes as federal funds are cut in half. Gov Beshear wants lawmakers to finish their work. Alcohol servers in Paducah might need training. Paducah and the union came to terms.